- Date Discovered:
- 13 November 2018
- Microsoft Outlook is prone to an information-disclosure vulnerability. Attackers can exploit this issue to obtain sensitive information that may aid in further attacks.
- Microsoft Office 2019 for 32-bit editions
- Microsoft Office 2019 for 64-bit editions
- Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for 64-bit Systems
Run all software as a nonprivileged user with minimal access rights.When possible, run all software as a user with minimal privileges and limited access to system resources. Use additional precautions such as restrictive environments to insulate software that may potentially handle malicious content.
Deploy network intrusion detection systems to monitor network traffic for malicious activity.Deploy NIDS to monitor network traffic for signs of anomalous or suspicious activity. This may indicate exploit attempts or activity that results from successful exploits.
Do not follow links provided by unknown or untrusted sources.Web users should be cautious about following links to sites that are provided by unfamiliar or suspicious sources. Filtering HTML from emails may help remove a possible vector for transmitting malicious links to users.