- Date Discovered:
- 10 July 2018
- Microsoft ASP.NET Core is prone to a security-bypass vulnerability. An attacker can exploit this issue to bypass certain security restrictions and perform unauthorized actions. This may aid in further attacks.
- Microsoft ASP.NET Core 1.0
- Microsoft ASP.NET Core 1.1
- Microsoft ASP.NET Core 2.0
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 5.2
- Microsoft ASP.NET Web Pages 3.2.3
Block external access at the network boundary, unless external parties require service.If global access isn't needed, filter access to the affected computer at the network boundary. Restricting access to only trusted computers and networks might greatly reduce the likelihood of exploits.
Deploy network intrusion detection systems to monitor network traffic for malicious activity.Deploy NIDS to monitor network traffic for signs of anomalous or suspicious activity. This includes but is not limited to unexplained incoming and outgoing traffic. This may indicate exploit attempts or activity that results from successful exploits.
Communicate sensitive information through secure means.Use multiple layers of encryption when communicating sensitive information between a client and a server. This will reduce the chance of a successful exploit.