- Date Discovered:
- 14 August 2018
- Microsoft Windows is prone to a local privilege-escalation vulnerability. A local attacker can exploit this issue to run processes with elevated privileges.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1803 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 version 1709 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 version 1709 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 1709
- Microsoft Windows Server 1803
Permit local access for trusted individuals only. Where possible, use restricted environments and restricted shells.To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker requires local access to an affected computer. Grant local access for trusted and accountable users only.
RanchoIce and ChenNan of Tencent ZhanluLab working with Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative