Norton™ AntiVirus 12 for Mac®
Introducing Norton Security
Today you’re connecting from more devices and locations than ever. So we’re introducing our best protection ever for PCs, Macs®, smartphones and tablets in a single service. Now wherever you go, go with Norton Security – so you can go boldly, not blindly.
Renew your current Norton product.
Visit support for more information about your renewal options.
- Keep your Mac® — and your Stuff — protected against late-breaking threats
- Updates at least once a day to stop late-breaking threats before they can damage your Mac and your iPhoto® pictures, iTunes® media and other important Stuff.
- Automatically detects new threats that try to take advantage of vulnerabilities in applications and software on your Mac.
- Scans your iChat® messages for suspicious attachments.
- Prevent thieves stealing your personal information
- Detects and gets rid of spyware that can be used to eavesdrop on you, steal your personal information and take control of your Mac.
- Stay safe from new threats with automatic protection and updates that won't slow you down or get in your way
- Provides daily updates to detect and eliminate late-breaking threats.
- Scans for threats and updates your protection in the background so you won't even know it's there.
- Essential Virus Protection: Keeps your Mac®, iPhoto®, iTunes®, iMovie® and other files safe from viruses, spyware and other threats without slowing it down.
- Daily Protection Updates: Runs in the background to protect your Mac and your Stuff from new, late-breaking threats.
- Vulnerability Protection: Defends against threats that can infect your Mac through gaps in the operating system or other applications.
- Email and Instant Message Monitoring: Scans iChat® and other IMs for suspicious attachments and other tricks used to steal your identity and your hard-earned money.
- FREE Support 24x7: Symantec provides free 24x7 chat and phone support for a period of one year from initial product installation.1
- Flexible Support: Norton™ AntiVirus 12 for Mac works with Mac® OS X 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9, and includes Norton AntiVirus 11 for Intel- and PowerPC-based Macs running Mac OS X 10.4.11-10.6.8.
Operating Systems Supported
NortonTM AntiVirus 12 for Mac®
Mac® OS X 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9
NortonTM AntiVirus 11 for Mac®
Mac OS X 10.4.11 – 10.6.8 running on Intel® and Power-PC based Macs
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Mac system with Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor
- 2 GB of RAM (already required for Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8)
- 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection required for LiveUpdate™ security updates
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)